Although all products have been extensively tested, it can happen that your thermostat (temporarily) no longer makes a connection with your boiler. An annoying consequence of this is that you have no heating. Fortunately, there is a simple solution for that! You can switch your heating on and off manually via the boiler module, while you try to solve your connection problem. How do you do that?
- Nest E thermostat: Press the Heat Link button twice (green light comes on)
- 3rd generation Nest: Press the Heat Link button once (green light comes on)
- Honeywell thermostats: Press the boiler module button
Keep the following in mind:
- If you switch on the boiler module manually, your house will continue to heat until you switch it off manually again. Switching off is done in the same way as switching on.
- Your set schedule cannot be followed.
When your boiler module is reconnected to your thermostat, your thermostat resumes the set schedule.
Nest gives all sorts of useful tips & tricks on this subject.