The following points can help you further if you are unable to add your new Nest thermostat in the Nest app.
First check the following:
- Check whether the Wi-Fi network in the house is working properly.
- Check the status of the Nest service.
- Check your app version.
- Restart your Nest thermostat.
- Restart the router.
- Check the settings of your Wi-Fi router or access point.
- Check Nest’s list of incompatible devices.
Go to this Google Nest support page for a detailed description of the various points mentioned above.
If after following the steps it is not possible to add the thermostat in the app, first contact the Nest support to check with Nest what is causing the problem. This could be an account-related issue. Nest can view data that we cannot and may not see because of privacy laws. We are also not allowed to obtain this data. Can Nest not help you and do they refer you to us? Then please contact us.