In this article you can view the recommended Wi-Fi and router settings for the best functioning of your Nest thermostat.
This article can also help improve performance. If you really have problems with the Wi-Fi connection and your Nest thermostat is offline in the Nest app, view the following article.
Below you will find the points that may be important in the settings.
- Switch on 802.11 b / g / n if you have an 802.11 ac router.
- Set the DHCP lease time of your Wi-Fi router to at least two hours.
- Switch on your router's energy saving mode (PSM) if you have a Nest thermostat.
- Check whether your network and router work with the Nest thermostat.
Important things to note down before you change the settings of your router.
- Basic settings of the Wi-Fi
- Advanced settings of the Wi-Fi router.
Reconnect your Nest thermostat if necessary.
For more information about the different points, go to the Google Nest support page.
If you have questions or something is not entirely clear, feel free to ask us your question so that we can help you further.